Exploring the Light - 2013 Photo Show Book for Purchase
The Lone Tree Photography Club will compose all accepted entries (with photographer permission) into an 8"x10" book titled, Exploring the Light, representing the 2013 Lone Tree Photographic Art Show and Sale. Accepted images will be printed in the book, alongside the photographer's name and information about the image such as camera used, location and story behind the photo. Exploring the Light books can be viewed and purchased online at www.lonetreephotoclub.com
. Photographers in the 2013 Photo Show wanting to participate in Exploring the Light Photo Book must submit the Exploring the Light Questionnaire
along with a high resolution image(s) to the Lone Tree Photo Club at e-mail
Submissions are now closed. The 2014 Photographic Art Show and Sale Call for Entry will become available early winter 2014. Visit www.callforentry.org
(CaFÉ™) to apply. Contact Kirstin Fletcher
to be included on a Call for Entry distribution list.
People, Travel & Place
– Locales, peoples or activities that convey a sense of time and place, humanity or human endeavors.
– Images of animals and insects that may portray habitat and life sustainability. Images of domestic and captive animals photographed in zoos and commercial game farms are prohibited, however photos from state and national wildlife preserves are allowed.
Nature and Landscape
– Images that showcase outdoor beauty: nature images, landscape, sunsets, urban landscapes, seascapes, etc.
- Photographs manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital special effects: colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites or other alterations.
Weldon Lee travels around the globe to the world’s most exotic locations photographing wildlife and capturing the essence of their personalities on film. He has a special way of communicating with animals and his images depict that relationship. His commitment to wildlife brings a fresh perspective to photography.
His work has been exhibited in the Denver Museum of Natural History and the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh. Weldon’s images have appeared in numerous magazines including Mature Outlook, National Wildlife, Backpacker, National Parks Magazine, Bird Watcher’s Digest, Outdoor Photographer, Petersen’s PHOTOgraphic, and Nature Photographer. In addition, his photos illustrate text and natural history books by Macmillan, Westcliffe, Falcon Press, and Roberts Rinehart to name just a few. Weldon’s work has been featured on all the major television networks including ABC, CBS, and NBC. Learn more about Weldon Lee at www.weldonlee.com.
Photographing The Magical World of Wildlife - Juror Weldon Lee Seminar
All levels of photographers are invited to register for the 2013 photo seminar titled Photographing the Magical World of Wildlife by Juror Weldon Lee scheduled for Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm at Lone Tree Arts Center. Registration fee: $30. Register online
or call the Lone Tree Arts Center Box Office at 720-509-1000.
Sun., March 3
- Entries Due
Fri., March 15
- Acceptance Notification
Wed., April 17
- Images Delivered (9:00 am to 6:00 pm)
April 20 - June 9
- Photo Show Dates
Sat., April 20
- Opening Reception (3:00 pm - 5:00 pm)
Mon., June 10
- Images picked up by artists and buyers (9:00 am - 6:00 pm)
Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions below, then contact event coordinator Kirstin Fletcher